With the pandemic situation, everyone is worried about what will happen if they have applied for any visa. Many people are worried to know about subclass 408. In case, you have applied for this visa, then read the guide properly as our migration consultant has mentioned everything in detail.
Due to the current pandemic situation of COVID-19, the Australian Government has made some changes one of the visa i.e. Temporary Activity Subclass 408 visa (Class GG).
This visa is a temporary visa which allows the applicant to work for short-term in a specific activity or area in Australia.
In case you have applied for the visa or planning to do then consult our migration agent and understand how to apply in the condition of COVID 19 visa.
What type of activities are included in Subclass 408?
Under the Subclass 408, there are different activities included in it which includes:
- Invited participant to an Event (example: academic, visual arts, religious, conferences, etc)
- Superyacht Crew
- Staff Exchange
- Special Programs
- Sport trainee
- Elite player, coach, instructor or adjudicator
- Religious worker
- Domestic Worker
- Australian Government Endorsed Events
If you think that you can apply for this visa under any type of activity or area then you should consult our migration consultant. They will give you detailed information on what option is best for you.
COVID-19 situation of crisis
Under the category of “Australian Government Endorsed Events”
As of 3rd April 2020, new legislative rules specify and mention the COVID-19 situation as an event Subclass 408 visa application.
Under these changes, the applicants will get a pathway that makes them eligible to follow all the rules and regulations in Australia under the crisis.
How the applicant is eligible for Subclass 408?
The applicant can be eligible for this visa type under the legislative instrument and there are following requirements which need to be met and it includes:
- Stay in Australia
- Not able to go back from Australia due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- In a direct link to the shortage of workforce during the COVID-19 situation in link to different areas but it is just not limited to aged care, agriculture, and public health.
- The applicant needs to have a temporary visa which is for 28 days or less or the person can be the holder of a temporary visa which can cease to effect but not more than 28 days before the subclass 408 application is made.
- Not able to meet the requirement for the visa under the same subclass as the one they have or they are holding a temporary visa of another subclass except the Subclass 408 visa.
If you want to know more then you should contact us and we will give you detailed information about the different visa updates.