Planning to attend work-related even or want to start your business in Australia. In that case, you need a business visa. But there are various options available so choosing the right one is essential. Read the given topic carefully to understand the requirements for the Australian business visa.
Different Types of business visa
Australia has a different type of visa which can be a temporary, short-term or permanent visa. Selecting the right type means you to understand the type of business in which you want to invest in.
- Business Innovation and Investment visa (Subclass 188 – Provisional)
- Investor visa (Subclass 891 – Permanent)
- Business Innovation and Investment visa (Subclass 888 – Permanent)
- Business Talent visa (Subclass 132 – Permanent)
- State or Territory Sponsored Investor (Subclass 893 – Permanent)
- State or Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (Subclass 892 – Permanent)
Validity for the Australian business visa
- If you are planning to attend an event or conference then the eVisitor visa has the validity for around 12 months and for 90 days you can stay in the country. For as long as the passport is valid you can enter Australia for as long as you like.
- With a provisional business visa, you can stay for 4 years and 3 months and apply for PR you need to meet the eligibility criteria.
Requirements for a business visa
Here are some of the basic requirements of the Australian business visa for the ETA and eVisitor Visa
This option is best for UK citizens who would like to:
- Want to have general employment and business inquiries.
- Want to do activities on an official government-to-government visit.
- Want to sign, review, Negotiate or investigate a contract.
- Take part in seminars, conferences, or trade fairs as long as you are not getting paid to attend the event.
Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Subclass 188 – Provisional)
You can be eligible to apply for this visa:
- Nominated by Australian State or Territory government
- Business ownership
- Own personal and business assets: 800,000 AUD
- 65 points on the points test
- Successful business career
- Under the age of 55
- Not a part of any unacceptable business activities
- The functional level of English
- Fulfilling the Australian health requirements
- Fulfilling the Australian character requirements
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Don’t owe the Australian Government money
- Do not have a canceled visa or refused application
Type of documents required
Visa Type: ETA Visa
- Email address
- Credit card details
Visa Type: eVisitor Visa
- An adequate amount of funds from start to the end of the trip
For every type of business visa, the need is different so it is best that you consult the migration agent as they are aware of the entire process.