Students who are planning to study abroad need to plan on how to save the money. This is very important because you are moving to a new place so there will be different expenses. Preparing yourself on how to cut down the extra cost can be a daunting process. This guide will help you on how to save when you are studying abroad.
One of the most common questions which students ask our Guide to saving if you are studying abroad while applying for the study visa Australia is, ‘How can I prepare myself financially for studying abroad?’ This is true, you need to save up money so that you can carry out the expenses without any stress. Given below are the top tips to help you save money for your semester abroad.
Do a rough financial estimate
Before you start saving for your study you need to determine what your end saving goal is. The overall cost is dependent on different factors like length and location where you are staying. Additionally, every university has a different study program. Therefore, the student must discuss your goals with the academic advisor as they can tell you in detail what you should do. Before choosing the study program it is best that you do some research for better understanding.
Determine a study abroad budget plan
Once you are aware of the different benefits and disadvantages of the various study abroad programs, you should start saving. Here are some of the essential things which you should consider.
- Is the program application fee one time which will be subtracted from the overall cost?
- Determine the overall program fee like what all services are included and what about the refund policy?
- In case you have the passport then make sure to check the expiration date and whether your passport has pages without the legal stamp to travel.
- Visa fees are different for every country, so you should ask the migration consultant whether the visa fee will be part of the study program.
- Tuition and book fees are an important part of the study program. So, make sure to determine whether the fees need to be paid directly or it will be included in the study program?
- Whether the meals are part of the program fee? If not, then how much is the cost per meal?
- The transportation fees and you should decide in advance what type of transportation you will be most comfortable with.
- Avail the benefit of the scholarship program. There are different options available so make sure you choose the best one for you.
- Understand the cost of medical fees. This is done to determine your general health.
Make the budget a little extra
You should consider the calculated number as an under-estimation. This is because moving to a new place is more expensive, so you need to save as much money as you can.