Students who are planning or studying in Australia always ask one question whether they can get a work visa after completion of their studies. Additionally, how long they can stay and which courses can provide them with this opportunity. This guide will share the visa type and the requirements included.
Students who are studying in Australia always have one question in mind: will they be able to get a work visa after their studies? Well, this is possible for international students to stay there and work. Department of Immigration and border protection provide temporary access to such students, and the duration depends on the level of qualification. The Australian government announced this visa in March 2013. Two types of tickets are available for international students.
Post-Study Work Stream Visa
Graduate Work Stream Visa
- The first student visa you ever applied to Australia in both keys should not be before November 5, 2011.
Post-Study Work Stream
- Students who have completed their graduation and above can get this visa. The student can stay in Australia for around 2 to 4 years with this visa.
- The student must have graduated from an Australian education institution or completed a master’s or doctorate. There should not be a time gap of more than 6 months.
- The completed academic study of 2 years in Australia to get a bachelor’s degree or higher. In these 2 years, you can get one or multiple degrees, but it is not applicable.
- The course of study should be at least 16 months.
- The student must have studied the course offered by the Commonwealth Register of Institutions & Course for Overseas Students and providers of accredited Australian education.
- Master (Extended) Degree
- Master by Research Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Bachelor Degree
- Bachelor (Honours) Degree
- Masters by Coursework Degree
- For graduate degree – 2 years to stay and work.
- For master’s degree – 2 to 3 years depending on your qualification
- For doctorate – 4 years to stay in Australia
Graduate Work Stream Visa
It is for those students who qualify for less than a graduation degree.
- The student should have a diploma, graduate diploma, certificate III, and trade-level certificate. It should be obtained not more than 6 months back.
- The academic study must have been undertaken for not less than 16 months.
- The qualification you got should be on the high demand list given by the Skilled Occupation List.
- The course must be registered with CRICOS
- The system should be completed
- The completion of the course must have resulted in an eligible qualification.
- The medium of instruction was English
- The applicant should be present in Australia.