A permanent visa for skilled workers is commonly known as a 186 Visa or Employer Nomination Scheme Visa. With this, you can work in Australia under three streams:
The Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Stream 186 Visa
- You are eligible to hold the visa under this stream only when you hold one of the following types of visa:
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) (not granted under labour agreements)
- Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482) (for medium-term stream unless transitional arrangements applied)
- related associated Bridging visa
- You have been nominated in the same position at least for the three years out of the last four consecutive years before the nomination is sent.
- You worked full-time under an employer in Australia on your subclass 457 visa or TSS for at least.
- For two years before the nomination is made, you need to hold either subclass 457 visa on 18th April 2017, if transitional arrangements apply.